Equal Opportunity Employer
The Village is firmly committed to equality of opportunity in employment. Conditions of employment will be provided without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, or unfavorable discharge from military service, and mental or physical disability.
The Village will not deny equality of opportunity to any qualified individual who is able, with or without reasonable accommodation, to perform the essential functions of the employment position, which he or she applies.
When no positions are open please use the general online employment application. For open positions, please fill out the appropriate application related to the position you are applying for below. Please note: Applications are required to be completed and submitted online for consideration. Please attach your resume, cover letter, and any applicable certifications as a PDF where provided in the application.
Application / Testing Notice - Police Officers
The Westmont, Illinois Board of Fire and Police Commissioners is currently accepting applications for Probationary Police Officers to establish an eligibility list for full-time Police Officers (Current Department size: 41).
Minimum Job Requirements
- U.S. Citizen or lawful permanent or temporary resident with evidence of intent to pursue US citizenship
- Valid Driver's License
- High School graduate or GED
- No felony convictions
- If hired, must be physically fit to pass the POWER test upon entering an Illinois Police Academy
- At least 21 to under 35 years of age as of date of written exam, unless otherwise exempt by Statute
- Residency required within DuPage County or counties contiguous to DuPage County by the end of 18 month probationary period
- $32 non-refundable testing fee
- Application available online beginning Tuesday, January 18, 2022.
- Completed application, with all required documents, deadline is 4:00 PM (CST) on Tuesday, February 22, 2022.
- Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written examination on Saturday, March 19, 2022 to be held at Westmont Senior High School or Westmont Police Department, location to be announced.
- Registration: 8:00 AM (CST)
- Orientation: 8:30 AM (CST)
- Written Examination: 9:00 AM (CST)
- COVID-19 pandemic restrictions in effect on March 19, 2022 will be followed
Salaries Effective May 1, 2022 based on full-time law enforcement experience in Illinois
- Starting salary for Non-certified Officer: $72,758
- Starting salary for Certified Officers with less than 3 years of service: $80,620
- Starting salary for Certified Officers with more than 3 years of service: $85,654
Application information only available online at: iosolutions.com
The Westmont Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Public Works - Summer Seasonal Maintenance Workers
Does the thought of working in an office make you shudder? Do you like being outdoors, engaged in a variety of general maintenance activities? Is helping the community something you value?
If this sounds like you, you might be a great fit for a seasonal position with the Village of Westmont!
Why Work for Westmont?
Westmont is a community of 24,429 residents in the southeastern portion of DuPage County. We are centrally located in the Chicago Metro area with easy access to major highways and Metra, making commuting a breeze. We are home to both Fortune 500 companies and small to midsize local businesses, including over 100 restaurants; so we have a little something for everyone.
What Does a Seasonal Maintenance Worker Do?
Under the general supervision of a Foreman and/or Crew Leader, this position is responsible for a variety of routine, unskilled manual tasks, including:
- cutting grass and weeds
- watering plants and vegetation
- assisting with tree maintenance and chipping
- assisting with repair of manholes, broken concrete and asphalt pavements
- general painting
- cleaning up after completed jobs
- other jobs as assigned
For more information, please click here to see the full job description.
Are You Qualified?
This position requires physical strength and agility sufficient to perform strenuous manual labor tasks under varying weather conditions. Ability to lift and move 50 pounds or more on a regular basis. Frequent and/or prolonged bending, stooping, standing, sitting, pulling, pushing or reaching is required as is the ability to communicate effectively and work both as part of a team and independently.
Requires knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to three years of high school as well as a working knowledge of hand tools and power tools. Valid IL Driver’s License preferred.
What Will I Get Paid?
This is a seasonal, non-exempt (hourly) position with a starting wage of $14/hr. Average weekly hours are 40 hours per week for a maximum of 12 weeks (generally between May-August).
How Do I Apply?
To apply, please complete our online employment application by clicking here.
There are multiple seasonal Public Works positions. Applications will be accepted until filled.