Construction hours (for loud or annoying noises) are between the hours of 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week. The exception would be emergency repairs.
Obstructions of sidewalks, streets, alleys, or any other public rights-of-way shall be not be permitted during the course of construction without a special permit by the Public Works Director.
Destruction or damage of public property, due to the project taking place, is the responsibility of the person holding the permit - they shall be responsible for restoring said property to the original state it was prior to construction being started.
Pre-Construction Inspection will ensure that each construction site shall have:
- A 6 foot high chain link Safety Perimeter/Construction Zone fence around the property/construction zone - which will also contain any construction materials, debris, toilet facilities, dumpster, etc.)
- A Mailbox with the property address attached to the Safety Perimeter / Construction Zone fence.
- A properly sized Silt/Erosion Control fence around the entire property.
- A 6 foot high chain link Tree Protection Zone (TPZ) fence around any trees that are to be protected as per the approved plans.
- A properly sized Dumpster or trash container which is adequate to hold all surplus building materials and debris from the work site. Said container shall be emptied and maintained so as not to adversely affect adjoining properties.
- Sufficient Toilet Facilities for the use of all employees engaged in work being performed on the construction site. Said facilities shall be cleaned as often as may be deemed necessary and kept in a clean and sanitary condition at all times.
For more detailed information regarding building codes, fees, inspections, construction site operations, and other related regulations, see Article XI in Chapter 18 of the Westmont Municipal Code.