The Village of Westmont owns and/or maintains several properties where citizens are able to park. Following is information regarding these various locations as well as possible guidelines and/or restrictions pertaining to these public-owned parking lots.
Public Parking Map
The Village of Westmont has created and maintains a GIS public parking map, which includes detailed information regarding each lot and its uses. Many of these parking lots offer free parking. Residents and guests are encouraged to observe and follow parking restrictions that are unique to each location.
The Village of Westmont manages (3) different parking lots that allow for commuter parking:
- Zone A: Located on the south side of the BNSF RxR tracks on West Quincy from Lincoln Street west to Adams Street.
- Zone B: Located on the north side of the BNSF RxR tracks on Burlington Avenue from Lincoln Street west to Williams Street.
- Reverse Commuter/Overnight: Located on West Burlington Avenue between Park Street and Williams Street.
Following are details regarding Commuter Parking in Westmont:
- Commuter parking permits are required to park in these commuter lots - Commuter parking lot permits cost $125 per quarter.
- Permit applications can be made in person at the Village Hall Business Office, 31 W. Quincy Street during business hours, typically Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Handicapped/Accessible commuter parking is available on both sides of the BNSF RxR tracks near the train depot. A parking permit is required to park in these spaces. Vehicles must display both a valid parking permit hang tag and a valid handicapped license plate/hang tag to park in a handicapped/accessible marked parking space.
- Parking permits must be displayed from the rear-view mirror of the vehicle and face forward while parked - All commuter vehicles must be parked head in.
- Parking permits are non-transferable. Permits are the property of the Village of Westmont and must only be used by the person to whom it is issued.
- Replacement permits may be issued once per quarter for a lost permit via the Village of Westmont Business Office at a cost of $5.00. Misuse of a replacement permit to park a second vehicle will result in the cancellation of that parking permit.
- Parking permit renewals can be accomplished via several methods.
To renew a parking permit, permit holders must remove and fill out the perforated stub attached to the current permit hang tag, then send the stub along with payment to the Village for processing. Parking permit renewals can be sent to the Village via the following options:
- Via the Village after-hours drop box located at the corner of Quincy & Grant
- In person at Village Hall during business hours
- Via the U.S. mail (please be aware that late-delivered mail may impact the status of your renewal)
Permit holders are encouraged to complete their renewals by the 15th day of the last month of the current parking permit quarter to ensure that a permit will be renewed in time for the next quarter and to avoid any processing issues. Commuters may choose renew their permits in advance for multiple quarters through the end of the current calendar year. Once payment is received and processed, the Village will mail out renewed permits via the U.S. mail. Permits that are not renewed on time will be sold to the next applicant on the waitlist.
There are certain times when free parking is allowed in the commuter lots:
- Zone A: Free parking on weekdays after 8:30 a.m.
- All Commuter Lots: Free parking on Saturdays, Sundays & observed holidays
- Overnight parking is not allowed on any village street, right of way, or village parking lot from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m. However, there are permits available for overnight commuter parking.
- Additionally, temporary overnight parking passes are available, but limited to five (5) nights per month. Exemptions may be made for unique circumstances, but only upon prior approval by calling the Police Department at 630-981-6300. Citizens may request a temporary overnight parking pass online.
The Village of Westmont offers metered parking, located north of the BNSF RxR tracks on Burlington Avenue and west of Williams Street. These are 12-hour meters which require $2.00 in quarters.
For more information regarding commuter parking, contact the Village of Westmont Business Office at email@example.com or 630-981-6220. Additional community parking information can be found of the Police Department's parking information webpage.