Westmont, IllinoisDate Issued: October 21, 2020
On Wednesday, October 20, 2020, Governor J.B. Pritzker announced that various regions of the State, including Region 8 which consists of DuPage and Kane Counties, would be moving into the Resurgence Mitigation protocol of the Restore Illinois Plan due to spikes in confirmed COVID-19 cases. This mitigation plan will take effect on Friday, Oct. 23 and remain in place for at least 14 days, at which time the State will reassess next steps based on updated data.
This will impact various businesses including food serving establishments. Following are some of the updated guidelines that will begin on Friday:
* Bars and restaurants must be closed by 11:00 p.m. and may not reopen earlier than 6:00 a.m. the following day.
* Bars and restaurants can serve patrons at tables with outdoor seating only, all tables should be placed six feet apart. No seating of multiple parties at one table. No indoor service or seating is allowed.
* No ordering, seating or congregating at the bar is allowed and it is recommended that bar stools be removed. No indoor service or seating is allowed.
* Reservations for all groups are required.
* No standing or congregating indoors or outdoors while waiting for a table or exiting the premises.
* No party buses are allowed.
“Originally, all temporary outdoor seating that was approved by the Village to provide restaurants with additional seating opportunities was scheduled to end on Nov. 1, but it has been decided to extend approved temporary outdoor seating arrangements through Nov. 30,” said Community Development Director Bruce Sylvester.
For more information, visit that State's Restore illinois webpage. For information regarding current guidelines, visit the State's Resurgence Mitigation Plan webpage.