Westmont, Illinois -- Date Issued: April 7, 2021
As Chicagoland continues to rebound from the COVID-19 pandemic and more people return to work, Metra is adding service to the BNSF. “We are beginning to see an uptick in ridership and as promised, we are listening to our customers to bring back service in ways that meet their needs,” said Metra CEO/Executive Director Jim Derwinski. “As the recovery proceeds, we will continue to adapt and improve our service.” On the BNSF line to Aurora, two inbound and two outbound trains will be added and the schedules of two trains will be adjusted:
- INBOUND TRAIN 9510 ADDED - Train will depart from Aurora at 4:25 a.m., make most stops to Chicago, and arrive in Chicago at 5:35 a.m.
- EXPRESS TRAIN 9512 ADDED - Train will depart from Aurora at 7:40 a.m., make all stops to Downers Grove and express to Chicago, arriving at 8:45 a.m.
- OUTBOUND TRAIN 9535 ADDED - Train will depart from Chicago at 5:50 a.m., make most stops to Aurora, and arrive at 7:10 a.m.
- OUTBOUND TRAIN 9539 EXPANDED - Train will depart from Chicago at 3:05 p.m., operate express to Brookfield and make all stops to Downers Grove.
- INBOUND TRAIN 9406 ADJUSTED - Train will depart from Fairview Avenue 10 minutes later at 7:30 a.m. Stops at stations from Westmont to Congress Park will be 5 to 10 minutes later than the current schedule, however, arrival time in Chicago at 8:15 a.m. will remain unchanged.
Other Metra train routes have also been adjusted. For more information, please visit the Metra website for schedule details.