Westmont, Illinois -- Date Issued: April 21, 2021
Typically the Village approves an annual rate increase for water distribution service during a timeframe that coincides with the previously approved rate increase for garbage collection per the ongoing contract with Waste Management. The water distribution rate increase is typically based on various factors including fee adjustments by the DuPage Water Commission and other entities as well as the planned increases that support maintenance and improvements to the Westmont water utility.
The Village Board recently decided to delay the scheduled Village infrastructure water rate increase for the time being, however, fees may increase in the near future if the DuPage Water Commission raises their rates.
Per the Village’s existing contract agreement with Waste Management, garbage rates are set to increase on May 1, as published below.
Village of Westmont Water Rates
Current rate not changing as of May 1, 2021
Westmont Residential Water Service
- $15.61 for first 1000 gallons - includes $5.00 monthly service fee
- $10.61 per each additional 1000 gallons
Westmont Commercial & Multi-Family Water Service
- $16.61 for first 1000 gallons - includes $5.00 monthly service fee
- $11.61 per each additional 1000 gallons
Unincorporated Residential Water Service
- $18.14 for first 1000 gallons - includes $5.00 monthly service fee
- $13.14 per each additional 1000 gallons
Unincorporated Commercial & Multi-Family Water Service
- $19.14 for the first 1000 gallons - includes $5.00 monthly service fee
- $14.14 per each additional 1000 gallons
Village of Westmont Garbage Rates
Effective May 1, 2021
Westmont Residential Garbage Service
$31.38 per bill
Westmont Residential Senior Garbage Service
$23.56 per bill
- Yard Waste Stickers: $3.46 each
- Garbage Stickers: $1.95 each
Senior Recycling & Garbage Discount
Westmont citizens age 65 and above who live in an owner-occupied, single-family residence may receive a 25% discount on their recycling and waste hauling bill. To participate, qualified citizens must fill out the Senior Recycling & Garbage Discount Form, provide proof of age, proof of property ownership, and must currently reside at the address.
For more information regarding water rates and garbage rates, please contact the Village of Westmont Business Office at 630-981-6220.