Westmont, Illinois -- Date Issued: February 17, 2022
The Village of Westmont, in conjunction with DuPage County and eWorks, Inc., is hosting a special recycling collection event on Saturday, April 16, 2022, 8:00 a.m. to Noon at the Westmont Public Works facility at 155 E. Burlington Avenue. Participants will enter the Public Works property through the east entry and then exit on the west side of the property after items are dropped off.
“We used to have a monthly electronics recycling event in Westmont, but that ended in the Spring of 2020 due to concerns regarding COVID,” said Larry McIntyre, liaison to the Westmont Environmental Improvement Committee. “This will be our first special electronics recycling collection since that time and we’re hoping to get the word out so that our residents and neighbors can take advantage of this opportunity. We ask everyone to check the Eworks website to confirm items that will and will not be accepted, as well as be aware of the nominal fees associated with some of the items.”
Following is a list of items that will be collected at the event:
Items Accepted Include
- TVs and computer monitors - up to 21 inches $25 per item; over 21 inches $35 per item - cash and credit will be accepted by eWorks on the day of the event, or visit their website for online pre-payment.
- Electronics (no fee for items such as desktop and laptop computers, mice, keyboards, modems, cable boxes, converter boxes, satellite receivers, telephone and mobile devices, tape players, gaming consoles, power cords and network cables, chargers, VCRs, DVD players, fax machines, scanners and printers, tablets and portable music players).
- Lightbulbs - Recycled by Westmont Public Works
- Textiles - Drapes, linens, sheets, towels, similar materials
- Clothing & Shoes - Shoes must be tied together
- Books, magazines, paper, cardboard
For more information, please visit the eWorks website.
Contact: Larry McIntyre
Village of Westmont
Communications Director/Public Information Officer