Westmont, Illinois -- Date Issued: January 10, 2023
NAMI of DuPage, along with NAMI Metro Suburban and Community Memorial Foundation, is offering online and in-person Mental Health First Aid classes. Mental Health First Aid is an evidence-based class designed to teach people how to help identify and support an individual who may be experiencing a mental health crisis or has a substance use disorder. Classes will include the following topics:
- Identify, understand, and respond to signs of Mental Health/Substance use disorders
- Learn risk factors and warning signs
- Showing a person who has a mental health condition that they are not alone
- Become confident in assisting someone in crisis
- Build a better understanding of Mental Health/Substance use disorders impact
There will be two Mental Health First Aid Classes offered: Adult Mental Health First Aid for people who interact with people who are 18 and over; and Youth Mental Health First Aid for people who interact with youths 17 and under. To learn more or to sign up, please visit NAMI of DuPage’s Mental Health First Aid webpage. For additional information regarding mental health, please visit NAMIDuPage.org or call the Resource Line at 630-752-0066.