Westmont, Illinois – Date Issued: February 14, 2023
The Electronics and More Recycling events hosted by the Westmont Environmental Improvement Committee (EIC) have been very well attended and the event continues to expand the items that will be collected. The EIC is partnering with eWorks, Flat Can Recycling, Westmont Public Works, and DuPage County to give the community and area citizens an opportunity to properly dispose of items that might otherwise end up in our landfills. Following is information regarding upcoming events:
2023 Electronics & More Special Recycling Event
- NEXT EVENT: April 15, 2023
- TIME: 8:00 a.m. - Noon
- LOCATION: Westmont Public Works, 155 E. Burlington Avenue
- COLLECTION VENDORS: eWorks and Flat Can Recycling
- LIGHTBULB RECYCLING: Provided by the Village of Westmont
- Open to the general public - No commercial drop-offs permitted
- Please note - Some items incur a collection fee
Following is a list of the items that will be collected. Many items will be collected free of charge; however, some items have a collection fee as noted below. On-site payment, cash or credit, will be accepted.
- TVs & Computer Monitors - There is a fee for TVs and monitors based on the size of the item - cash and credit is accepted by eWorks on the day of the event or visit the eWorks website for online pre-payment - recycling.eworksesi.org
- Electronics - No fee for items such as desktop and laptop computers, mice, keyboards, modems, cable boxes, converter boxes, satellite receivers, telephone and mobile devices, tape players, gaming consoles, power cords and network cables, chargers, VCRs, DVD players, fax machines, scanners and printers, tablets and portable music players).
- Textiles - Drapes, linens, sheets, towels, similar materials - No fee
- Clothing & Shoes - Shoes must be tied together - No fee
- Books, Magazines, Paper, Cardboard - No fee
Flat Can Recycling
- Styrofoam - Well-rinsed, used polystyrene foam including post-consumer foam cups and “to-go” containers, egg cartons, ice chests, rinsed meat trays, protective packaging foam (frequently used to protect electronics during shipping), and other foam with the #6 inside the chasing arrows triangle. NOTE: NO packing peanuts or other small pieces of styrofoam.
- Aerosol Can - $1 fee per can
- One-Pound Camping Propane Tanks - $3 per canister
- Household Batteries - $4 per pound
- Infant and Children Car Seats - $20 per seat
- Latex Paints - .50 cents per sample size container; $2 per quart container; $5 per 1-gal. container; $20 per 5-gal. container
Westmont Public Works
- Lightbulbs - Recycled by Westmont Public Works
RECYCLING EVENT DIRECTIONS
The Electronics & More Special Recycling Event will be held at the Westmont Public Works facility, which is located at 155 E. Burlington Avenue. Recycling participants will enter through the east gate near the intersection of East Burlington Avenue and North Wilmette Avenue. Staff and volunteers will assist recycling participants through the process and motorists will have the option of staying in their vehicles. Once recyclable items have been collected, participants will exit the property through the west gate and then return to East Burlington Avenue near Cass Avenue.
The final Westmont EIC-hosted special recycling event for 2023 has been scheduled for September 23. For additional information, please visit the eWorks website, or the Flat Can Recycling website.