Village of Westmont
The Village of Westmont is partnering with Waste Management to create the 2014 “Green” Business & Residential Recycling Contest. The goals of the program are:
1) PROMOTE the importance of recycling!
2) IMPROVE current recycling practices in our community!
3) RECOGNIZE & REWARD businesses and residents for their recycling efforts!
To participate in this free contest, businesses and residents must go online and fill out the application form by Monday, November 3, 2014 at 5 p.m. The sign-up form includes (3) questions regarding recycling practices and the importance of protecting our environment. The Westmont Environmental Improvement Commission will review submissions and announce the winners at a Westmont Village Board Meeting.
* All contest winners will receive recognition and award certificates at a Village Board Meeting
* All contest winners will receive recognition on the Village Website
* All contest winners will receive recognition in the Westmont Neighbors Magazine
* BUSINESS WINNERS will receive one month of free waste hauling up to $500 - there will be (4) business winners total
* RESIDENTIAL WINNERS will receive gift certificates to local restaurants - there will be 1st, 2nd & 3rd place winners
* All awards are sponsored by Waste Management
There will be a total of four business awards:
* Best Big Business Recycler - 20 or more employees
* Best Small Business Recycler - 19 or less employees
* Most lmproved Big Business Recycler - 20 or more employees
* Most lmproved Small Business Recycler - 19 or less employees
To sign up for the contest, click on the link below. lf you have further questions, please contact EIC Staff Liaison Larry Mclntyre at Lmcintyre@westmont.il.gov or 630-981-6245.