Village of Westmont
Date Issued: May 11, 2015
The Westmont Public Works Department and Environmental Improvement Commission will continue their Rain Barrel Program in 2015. This year’s program will offer rain barrels at cost ($60 each, which is about a $30 savings compared to retail), as well as include FREE INSTALLATION (a $35 value) for the first 150 rain barrels purchased.
“When our Environmental Improvement Commission volunteers talked with residents at various events over the past year, we learned that many people needed help with installation,” says EIC Chair Aaron Spencer. “The Village was able to appropriate funds to allow a limited number of free installations to help ensure that residents received maximum use of their rain barrels.”
The Village of Westmont is teaming with the Conservation Foundation to offer this program. Residents can order their rain barrel and free installation online at:
Once on the website, simply scroll down and follow the ordering instructions. Orders can be placed online or you can download the order form and mail it in.
WESTMONT RAIN BARREL PROGRAM DETAILS
* Available to all Westmont residents & businesses
* $60 per water barrel (about a $30 savings compared to retail)
* FREE installation of water barrels sponsored by the Village of Westmont (a $35 value) for the first 150 orders
* Limit of no more than 2 free water barrels installed per Westmont address
* Water barrels must be installed and used within the Village of Westmont
* To further promote the benefits of rainwater barrels, residents are asked to take pictures of installed barrels and send to the Village (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* This program will be in effect from April 2015 through the end of October 2015
* The are four colors to choose from: black, terra cotta, blue and gray
* Additional set-up hardware charged separately
For more information, contact the Village at email@example.com or 630-417-0280.
Contact: Larry McIntyre
Village of Westmont Communications Director