Date Issued: December 17, 2018
“We completed a lot of infrastructure work at Richmond Gardens this past year,” said Village Forester Jon Yeater. “In 2019, we plan to make some progress above ground so that everyone can see where this project is heading.”
* Rough grade of the entire site was completed
* Brush was cleared from the property by ComEd
* A cistern, donated by DuPage Water Commission, was installed by Clarendon Hills. The cistern is an underground storage vault that will hold stormwater, which will then be used to irrigate the property
* A new fundraiser raffling off a painted water barrel was initiated by the Village of Westmont
* Pervious concrete will be installed by the Village of Westmont
* Installation of bricks, including memorial bricks, will begin
* Installation of a rain garden, which will be part of an Eagle Scout project, will begin
Richmond Education Gardens and Apiary (REGA), 1 South Richmond in Clarendon Hills, is a joint initiative between the Villages of Clarendon Hills and Westmont. Once completed, REGA will provide a new place in our communities to promote education programs about natural and organic gardening methods and our environment.
For more information regarding REGA, visit their website at RichmondGardens.org or call 630-286-5410.